Leg 2: Exceat to Bo Peep
These instructions only relate to the new route from Exceat to the White Bridge east of Alfriston where the new route rejoins the traditional route.
- From changeover uphill to gate.
- Follow route through woodland descending 'steps' to Westdean
- Continue straight on to track leading out of Westdean
- Climb up into Friston Forest following SDW finger posts and arrows
It is possible to take a wrong path during the next mile, so... RECCE BEFOREHAND!
- After descending (incl. steps) you will begin climbing again and enter more open countryside following the edge of a large field.
- Continue down into Littlington village
- Where the footpath ends turn right towards main road (see photo and view after turning left)
- At main road turn right, after 20 metres or so look for SDW finger post (hidden!!) on your left.
- Continue down footpath and turn right at the end.
- Follow signposts and route to White Bridge